Monday, August 25, 2008

Youth Cultural Celebration in Twin Falls

Yesterday the newly finished Twin Falls Temple was dedicated by our Prophet Thomas S. Monson. It is the fourth Temple to be built in Idaho. This particular Temple will serve the members of 14 stakes in and around the Magic Valley.

Young Men and Women from all of the different stakes participated in a Youth Cultural Celebration the night before the dedication. These stakes prepared for 4 months training the young people to sing and dance. My own children: Brent, Sarah and Jacob participated as dancers!


Dancers from Sun Valley, Hailey 1st and Hailey 2nd Ward

Taking a break between dress rehearsals.

Ian McKenzie and Coby Yates with Brent Hope
Ben Gappmayer practices his dance moves on Brother Hope

President Thomas S. Monson addresses the 3200 young people from 14 stakes.

Opening Scene - "Living Water"

Ballet Dancers!

Jacob Hope and Fisher Lewis leading the group in a rousing spoons routine!

Look at those pretty dresses twirl!

Big Finale!!

This event was so spectacular! It has been a wonderful journey planning, training and preparing these great kids for this event. Obviously the whole event brought tears to my eyes. This is the best event I've ever been to!



2 comments:

Jessumca said...

Oh I wish I wish I could've seen that! They all look so fabulous! You are so lucky, Dad.

Sonja said...

That looks like one incredible event! I love the pictures. I'm sure it's something your kids will remember forever.