Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Unbelievable short film of a man eating the worlds hottest pepper. Worth watching. I think my brothers Dave and Jeremy could both eat TWO of these. And if they do you'll see it here first on The Daily Item.
Until then... Enjoy!
Saturday, March 27, 2010
Friday, March 26, 2010
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Friday, March 19, 2010
Thursday, March 18, 2010
An AMBL first this morning as Team "Underachiever" (Kirk, Griffiths, Snell and Hope) wins big while holding opposing team to zero, nada, nill, zilch, goose-egg, no points!
Daily Item reporter, Kieser Souza was able to get a few words from the opposing team:
The DI: "Say, how does it feel to be skunked by this ragtag team of misfits?"
Clive III: "Horrible man"
The DI: "Did you know that this is the first time that this has EVER happened in an AMBL (sanctioned) game?"
Clive III: "Uh, no. No one hip me to that, man"
The DI: "It appeared that your father Brent Jr. Owned you this morning!"
Clive III: "Huh? Well... that's like, your opinion... man."
Well there you have it. Poised to go down in infamy. Team Underachiever accomplishes the equivalent of Baseball's "Triple-Play" Golf's "Grand-Slam" Olympian "Gold" or a Dave Gardner layin without traveling (a truly rare event indeed!).
sigh - My, Oh My!
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Saturday, March 13, 2010
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Dr. J Steven Hope (my great, great, great, GREAT Grandfather) performing operation with colleagues looking on in wide-eyed wonderment.
I guess I have nothing in common with this ancestor.
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Monday, March 8, 2010
Brent, Jeremy, Travis and Brent
Here's a tentative yet courageous Travis Hatch already "sworn-in" to the United States Army. We were lucky to be with Travis his last day as civilian. Tonight he is with his Army mates at the Holiday Inn in Boise and tomorrow on his way to Fort Jackson South Carolina for boot camp! We are so proud of him!
Saturday, March 6, 2010
Friday, March 5, 2010
Barbi and Brent on chairlift
Today I'd like to highlight a friend of mine.
- Her name is Barbi.
- Barbi is the manager of a group of transport engineers in Omaha Nebraska.
- Barbi just spent the last couple of days helping us with our OC-3 to OC-12 project.
- Barbi has a huge brain but is very careful in letting you think that she's common (like I am) but really she is not common.
- Barbi understands the complexity (inside and out) of SONET transport via optical and copper medium, T1, DS1, T3, DS3, VTS-1, etc. (inanimate objects)
- Barbi understands the human scene and the complexity (inside and out) of individuals (animated objects).
- Barbi is a good listener.
- Barbi is happy!
- Barbi is funny!
- Barbi is adventurous.
- Barbi wears 3 inch heels in 6 inches of new snow on top of Bald Mountain.
- Barbi reminds you (without words and by her example) that there are excellent people in our country.
- Barbi makes a difference in her community and workplace.
- Barbi is a cancer survivor
- Barbi knows that Jesus Christ lives.
In other words... If you were stuck on a deserted island and your Fujitsu 4500 showed multiple conditions and a critical alarm. You would want to have Barbi with you so she could get you back on line.
Thanks for visiting us Barbi!!
Brent, Barbi and Michael (transport engineer from Omaha) on top of Bald Mountain, Sun Valley Idaho.
Lets give Barbi a great big Daily-Item round of applause!
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Not sure exactly how this picture relates to my situation (but don't you just love this picture anyway??). I'm working late tonight at the mighty communications biz upgrading our current optical link to/from Omaha from an OC-3 to an OC-12.
You get a treat if you know the difference.
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
(From Left to Right: Nathan, Travis, Shon and Brent)
Tuesday's big winners in the AMBL were the above 4 gentlemen going undefeated in three straight.