Friday, September 19, 2008

The Winner of Daily Item Quiz #1

Jeremy Rigby has won Daily Item Quiz #1 with his answer of Glen Campbell singing "These Days." I've included a picture of my kid brother. This is how I remember him: Reverent, polite, in underwear and cowboy boots with fingers in ears.

Nice.








Here's an album cover of Glen back in the day. Interesting thing to note about the song "These Days" is, this is Glen's first album release in 15 years! Also, Glen is a bright and chipper 72 years old on his new album. Shoot, that's Coker's age!
Glen spent time as a touring "Beach Boy" in the late 60's. His most famous song and best in my opinion is "Wichita Lineman." In 1976 he had the year's 2nd best song in "Rhinestone Cowboy." Who had the number one song in 76? That crappy band, "The Captain and Tennille" with "Love will keep us together."

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

Yes!!!

Occasionally, I still enjoy scampering around in my underwear and cowboy boots.
It's not as cute when you're grown up.