Tuesday, January 13, 2009

CFS - Christmas Fatigue Syndrome

Does this outfit make me look fat?

Another Christmas is over. Gone is the excitement of giving and receiving for another 12 months. Every year I fret during the season and inform the children that it is going to be a "meager Christmas." They laugh and inform me that I say that every year. If it were up to me I would be over-the-top at Christmas time. Presents galore for everyone I know. Parties with lots of food, presents, that white pasty candy stuff and live bands! Every year, Ruth has to settle me down and say we've done enough!! Begrudgingly I sit down with my eggnog and brood. It's probably good that Ruth puts these restrictions on me. But it still is hard for me not to, buy, buy buy!! Shoot, Brent, Penny and I are the only ones that like shopping. I like the hustle and bustle and could stay out until dawn shopping. When I'm in charge someday I'm going to change the name of the seasons. Instead of Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter it will be Spring, Summer, Fall and Christmas. Man, won't that be great?!! Gift giving and receiving for 90 straight days!

4 comments:

Jeremy said...

Oh man, that was funny! I'm with you on Christmas. As long as I don't have to wrap many presents I'm good.

Roo Roo's Corner said...

It's true, you always seem to wish you could do more but I think everyone is pretty happy with what they get! We don't want greedy children now do we?!:)

Anonymous said...

You look prescious!!! I would like you to wear that when we visit. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

So maybe your friend "Dave" is actually Dave Ramsey, and actually knows you quite well, and actually secretly wrote that Christmasy gift giving article about you!?!

Anonymous said...

Brain damaged in Utah...
Can you tell who is the talk of the town these days?

I meant to say Dave Barry up above. Ahhhh, make a little more sense?

Probably not... and that's o.k.!