Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Blog Fatigue: A word to Jeremy and Alligator (and others who are thinking about quitting!).

My brother Jeremy has recently fatigued himself to the point of telling the rest of us to go on without him in the blogging world. Sleepless nights of wondering what to post next have gotten the best of him. Similar stories of blog angst have afflicted many of my friends including Alligator Larson. Here's a gal who had a real nice blog which she populated with pictures of her family and lovely children. THEN both of these people (dear people to me) just stopped posting. As in, "Cold Turkey!" To which I responded in my best digital vernacular, a great big capitalized, "WTH??"(As in: What the Heck!? for you unfamiliar with the internet and phone lingo). There were no "LOLs" or "LMBO" at what they had done. This was serious.

But like the LDS pioneers that grew tired of their hard perilous journey across the plains it became not a journey, but a quest. A timeless, selfless sacrifice for future posterity.

And so, with that brilliant analogy my humble and sober message to you Jeremy old boy and my friend Alligator is:

Blogging is a "freaking" quest OK!! Get off your tails and let your friends know what in the heck is going on with you and your families!!!

Much Love!


4 comments:

Jeremy said...

First of all, I laughed my head off at this post. Very funny!
Second, it's funny you did this post because after a whopping 10 days of blogger retirement I have been tenetively planning on a comeback. You heard it hear first at, "The Daily Item."
I just ask for a little more patience and I'll have a brand new
blog up hopefully by next week.

wendy said...

such an inspiration!!
I am closer now than ever to getting off my duff and joining the blogging world.

Allison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alligator said...

Sorry about the above deleted comment. It was me . . .
I posted for "The Daily Item" on my blog last night . . .

Alligator